Selected Gazette Notices
-Gazette Vol.CXII – No .131 Dated December 17,2010
-Gazette Vol CXII – No 128. Dated December 10,2010
-Gazette and Legal Notices Vol CXII-No.125 Dated December 3,2010
-Gazette Vol CXII-No.123 Dated November 26,2010
-Gazette Vol. CXII-No.120, Dated November 19, 2010
-Gazette Notice Vol. CXII - No. 118 Dated November 12, 2010
-SPECIAL ISSUE Gazette Notice Vol. CXII -No. 117 Dated, November 11, 2010
-Gazette Notice Vol. CXII—No. 114 Dated, 5th November, 2010
-SPECIAL ISSUE Gazette Notice Vol. CXII—No. 113 Dated 3rd November, 2010
-SPECIAL ISSUE Gazette Notice Vol. CXII—No. 111 Dated 1st November, 2010
Special Issues - CXI-No. 70 14th August, 2009 and CXI-No 77 - 31ST August, 2009
SPECIAL ISSUE NAIROBI, 14th AUGUST, 2009 Vol. CXI-No. 70
GAZETTE NOTICE NO. 8737
THE TRUTH, JUSTICE AND RECONCILIATION COMMISSION ACT (No 6 of 2008)
APPOINTMENT OF COMMISSIONERS
PURSUANT to section 10 of the Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission Act (No. 6 of 2008), I, Mwai Kibaki, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kenya, appoint-
Amb. Bethuel A. Kiplagat –(Chairman)
Betty Murungi (Ms.),
Margaret Wambui Ngugi Shava (Ms.),
Tecla Namachanja (Ms.)j,
Maj. –Gen. (Rtd.) Ahmed Sheikh Farah:
Gertrude Chawatama (Ms.) – Zambia,
Berhanu Dinka- Ethiopia,
Ronal Slye – United States of America
To be Commissioners of the Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission, for a period of two (2) years.
Dated the 22nd July, 2009.
GAZETET NOTICE NO. 8738
NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION CAMPAIGN STEERING
IT IS notified that His Excellency, Mwai Kibaki, President and Commander-in-Chief OF THE Armed Forces of the Repubilc of Kenya, has established a Committee to be known as the National Anti-Corruption Campaign Steering committee (hereinafter referred to as “the Committee”) comprising of the following-
Eliud Wabukala (Archbishop) – (Chairperson),
Rose Arungu-Olende (Ms) – (Vice-Chairperson),
Joseph M. Kanuku (bishop),
Shashikant K. Raval,
Rhoda Wanja Thairu (Dr.),
Hassan Sheikh Ali,
Kimaiyo Arap Sego,
Kamla Sikand (Mrs.)j,
Mohamed Ahamed Hillow,
Sopia Lepuchirit (Ms.),
Dabar Abdi Maalim (Dr.),
Joy Asiema(Ms. )
Ibrahim Omondi (Rev.),
Fatma Awale (Ms.),
Alex Kimuyu Kyule,
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice, National Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs.
The permanent Secretary, ministry of Information and Communication,
The Managing Director, Kenya Broadcasting Corporation,
The Director, Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission; and
The Director, National Anti-Corruption Steering Committee.
The members of the Committee shall hold office for a period of two (2) years.
The functions of the Committee shall be to undertake nationwide public education, sensitization and awareness creation campaigns aimed at effecting fundamental changes in the attitudes, behavior practices and culture of Kenyans towards corruption.
- The Committee shall perform its functions under paragraph 3 through-
- establishing a framework for the nationwide campaign against corruption;
- Sensitizing the public and encouraging them to participate in the fight against corruption;
- Identifying strategic stakeholders and developing a mechanism for their effective participation in the campaign against corruption;
- Mobilizing stake holders across all sectors and the general public to evolve a strong anti-corruption culture and participate in the fight against corruption.
- Developing policies for strengthening the campaign against corruption;
- Developing indices for regular monitoring and evaluation of the anti-corruption campaign and publicly reporting on the progress made in the campaign;
- Identifying and facilitating mobilization of resources required to achieve the goals and objectives for the campaign; and
- Carrying out such other functions as may be necessary or incidental to the success of the campaign.
- In the performance of its functions the Committee-
- shall be responsible to His Excellency the President;
- shall work closely with the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission established under the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act, 2003;
- shall prepare quarterly reports for his Excellency the President with copies to the Prime Minister;
- shall hold such number of meetings in such places and at such times as the Committee shall consider necessary for the proper discharge of its functions;
- may use official reports of any previous in investigations relevant to its mandate;
- may cause to be carried out such studies or research as may inform the Committee on its mandate;
- shall have all the powers necessary or expedient for the proper execution of its functions, including the power to regulate its own procedure; and
- May create offices and networks in the Districts and/or Provinces to expedite the discharge of its functions.
- The Secretariat of the Committee:
- There shall be a Director appointed by the Minister for Justice National, Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs who shall be the head of the Secretariat and the Chief Executive of the Committee, and who shall be assisted by the Programme Officers, one of whom shall be designated the Deputy Director and such other staff as shall be necessary.
- The Secretariat shall be provided by the Ministry of Justice, national Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs.
- The secretariat shall be responsible for the Committee for-
- providing appropriate background briefing to the Committee;
- policy interpretation, developing and implementing campaign programmes and activities.
- preparing the Committee’s reports and disseminating of any information deemed relevant to the Committee; and
- undertaking research and liasing with other and anticorruption bodies in order to gather the relevant information necessary for informing the Committee.
- Gazette Notice No. 4124 of 2004 is revoked.
Dated the 11th August, 2009.
GAZETTE NOTICE NO. 8739
THE STATE CORPORATIONS ACT (Cap. 446)
IT IS notified for general information that pursuant to section 12 (1) of the Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis Act, 2006, the Minister of State for Planning, National Development and Vision 2030, has appointed-
MOSES MURIRA IKIARA
As Executive Director for Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA), for a period of three (3) years, with effect from 1st June, 2009.
Dated the 12th August, 2009.
Minister of State for Planning,
National Development and Vision 2030
GAZETTE NOTICE NO. 8740
THE STANDARDS ACT (Cap. 496)
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred by section 5 (1) of the Standards Act, the Minister for Industrialization appoints-
KIOKO MANG’ELI (DR.)
to be the Managing Director of the Kenya Bureau of Standards, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from 1st September, 2009.
Dated the 13th August, 2009.
Minister for Industrialization.
SPECIAL ISSUE Vol CXI-No 77 31ST AUGUST, 2009
GAZETTE NOTICE NO. 9300
THE ANTI-CORRUPTION AND ECONOMIC CRIMES ACT (NO. 4 OF 2003)
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred by section 8(4) and paragraph 3 (2) of the First Schedule of the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act, I, Mwai Kibaki, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kenya, re-appoint-
JUSTICE AARON G. RINGERA
to be the Director of the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission, for a period of five (5) years, with effect from 8th September, 2009.
Dated the 26th August, 2009.
GAZETTE NOTICE NO. 9301
THE ANTI-CORRUPTION AND ECONOMIC CRIMES ACT (No. 4 of 2003)
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred by section 8 (4) and paragraph 3 (2) of the First Schedule of the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act, I, Mwai Kibaki, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kenya, re-appoint-
Fatuma Sichale (Mrs.),
Smokin C. Wanjala (Dr.),
to be the Assistant Director, Legal Services and Assistant Director Preventive Services, respectively of the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission, for a period of four (4) years, with effect from 8th September, 2009.
Dated the 26th August, 2009.